Thursday, May 31, 2012

Great Expectations

Day 3.

The first week of training is almost over and have we learned a lot! The biggest take away from today was expectations. The Orientation Leaders (OL's) and the Senior Staff (our supervisors) made two lists. One was what each group expected of themselves and the other is what they expect from the other group. These lists will help make the summer run smoothly and keep everyone on the same page. Expectations.

New students come into college with a vision in mind of what they think it will be. They have expectations. One way to help mold these expectations is by attending Summer Orientation. Seeing the school and meeting the staff can help set attainable and realistic expectations and help you the student get even more pumped up about going to school here.

When I first was accepted to JWU I had never been to the campus or really knew anything about the campus. My expectations were pretty wild and crazy. My first time going to campus and learning anything about the campus was summer orientation. My mom and I flew to Denver a few days early to get to know the area and see the campus and was I excited! Seeing how beautiful the structures were and how friendly everyone was really got me excited about the experience I was about to have. Seeing the school really set my expectations high for the year and set them straight so I was not to be let down.

Our job as an OL is to make sure you get an accurate perception of the school and get you excited about your upcoming experiences a JWU.  Even though the first orientation session is coming up soon (so stoked) we want to make sure you have all your questions answered to make sure you are all prepared. So feel free to comment on any of these posts with any questions so we can help you out and give you a shout out here on the blog.

Happy trails and until next time all,

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment